On Wednesday, 6 November, HERILAND was officially kicked off during a public event, held at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Project leader Gert-Jan Burgers introduced HERILAND with a presentation:
The event continued with contributions from several HERILAND team members:
- María Margarita Segarra Lagunes (Roma Tre University, Department of Architecture): Architecture | History | Design
- Els Verbakel & Mike Turner (Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design Jerusalem): Sequencing the City. An Integrative approach toward a Dynamic Urbanism
- Ana Pereira Roders (Delft University of Technology, Department of Architectural Engineering and Technology): Recommendation on the Historic Urban Landscape: Bridging theory and practice
- Sam Turner (Newcastle University, McCord Centre for Landscape): Historic character in urban landscapes: placing heritage
- Susanne Fredholm (Gothenburg University, Department of Conservation): Sustainable Integrated Conservation of Built Environment: Culture and Care
The presentations were followed by a vivid forum discussion, chaired by Riemer Knoop (Gordion Cultureel Advies).
Finally, a poster exhibition of the HERILAND projects took place during a drinks reception.