Information about the programme
Cultural Heritage and the Planning of European Landscapes” workshop is organized by the EU HERILAND Graduate Training Network.
What: 5-day programme
When: 10-14 October 2022
Where: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
We kindly invite you to a 5-day programme in Amsterdam, on 10-14 October 2022.
- The course is open for graduate students in heritage studies, architecture, archaeology, history, spatial planning and design, geography, social sciences and related disciplines.
- Time investment: 84 hours (3 ec)
- Hands-on training in the latest research methodologies and policy frameworks
- Discover how heritage planning research is helping to address urgent societal challenges
- Rethink your career opportunities / meet future employers
There is no tuition fee. The course is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement No 813883.
Please contact the erasmus office of your home institutions to find out if you are eligible to receive an Erasmus+ Short Blended mobility grant from your home institution.
This module was created by the Heriland team to give graduates an opportunity to experience through collaborative training activities the latest developments in cultural heritage and landscape planning research. Heriland is a network of heritage planning researchers and practitioners funded by the EU as part of Marie-Sklodowska Curie Innovative Training Networks.
- Do you want to collaborate with graduates from across Europe who share your passion for cultural heritage and landscape planning?
- Do you want to discover how heritage planning research is helping to address urgent societal challenges?
- Do you want to gain hands-on experience with the latest research methodologies and policy frameworks?
- Do you want to participate in discussions about the future of heritage planning research, education and policy?
- Do you want to rethink your career opportunities in academia and beyond?
Then, this Heriland Short Intensive Course – including a 5-day programme in Amsterdam and online collaborative activities – is the right one for you.
Registration for the programme
Registration for the Heriland Short Intensive Course has now closed and the pre-conference training sessions are fully subscribed.
LOCATION, TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
Once your participation in the module has been confirmed, you need to make your own arrangements for travel and accommodation.
The 5-day programme in Amsterdam takes places at the campus of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Address: De Boelelaan 1105, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Directions on how to reach the campus: https://vu.nl/en/about-vu/more-about/route-description.
There are various accommodation options available in Amsterdam. Good-quality short-stay accommodation can for example be found at the Student Hotel (three locations in Amsterdam), Ibis Hotel ibis budget Amsterdam City South, Amstelveen – Bijgewerkte prijzen 2022 (booking.com) or Stay Okay hostels (Vondelpark: Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark, in the heart of the city | Stayokay or Oost: Hostel Amsterdam Oost (Zeeburg), in sociable Amsterdam East | Stayokay). The Vrije Universiteit can also be easily reached from neighbouring cities, including Almere, Amstelveen, Haarlem, Hoofddorp and Zaandam.
No tuition fee. The course is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement No 813883.
Please contact the Erasmus office of your home institution to find out if you are eligible to receive an Erasmus+ Short Blended mobility grant from your home institution.
If you have any questions, please contact the module coordinator, Dr. Niels van Manen, email@example.com